Change of Particulars
Home ›  Passport Services  ›  Change of Particulars

Change of Particulars 

In the event of change of particulars such as change in name, date of birth, place of birth, address, addition and deletion of spouse name etc., the applicant is required to apply for renewal of passport. 

Documents required: 

  1. Photo specification for passport application (Click here)
  2. Applicant may apply at:https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ and complete the application online after carefully going through the instructions listed on the web page.
  3. Take a print out of the duly filled online form and submit a signed copy.
  4. Four recent Passport size colour photographs (see ‘Photograph Guidelines’)
  5. Passport with photocopy of pages 1,2 and last page of the passport including copy of endorsement if any on the passport.
  6. Residence permit (original and photocopy)


Work permit holder- Letter from company (original and photocopy).

  1. One Personal Particular Form (PP Form)duly filled in and signed with photos pasted in the top right-hand corner. Please note that for question 8(a), 10(1) and 10(2), you must provide an address in India. It is important to mention the police station and pin code too.
  2. Declaration (Annexure-E)

 A. Change of date of birth/place of birth:

Proof of Date of Birth/Place of Birth i.e. Birth Certificate/School Certificate (original and photocopy).

B. Change of name, addition/deletion of spouse’s name 

Following marriage, remarriage or divorce: 

(a) An applicant applying for re-issue of passport for incorporation of the name of his/her spouse;

(b) A woman applying for change of name/surname in existing passport due to marriage;

(c) Divorcees applying for change of name OR for deletion of spouse’s name in existing passport;

(d) Re-married applicants applying for change of name/spouse’s name in passport. 

Except the details provided by the applicant (of any category mentioned above) in the application form, no proof of marriage/dissolution of marriage (court’s order for judicial separation/decree of divorce) etc. is required. 

C. Change of name 

 In other circumstances for change of name, the applicant (both male and female) should furnish: 

(i) clippings of two local news papers or the Gazette notification of the concerned State Government, as the case may be; 

(ii) at least two public/school documents issued in the desired/ applied changed name to ascertain that the applicant has actually changed his/her name. 

D. Change of address:

Address proof like of Aadhar card, PAN card, Utility bills, Bank Pass book etc.(original and  photocopy). 

Minor applying for renewal of passport on account of A, C and D above 

1. All above documents 1 to 6  and

2. Passport of parent(s) and residency/work permit (original and photocopy of pages 1,2 and last page including any observation).

3. Declaration by both the parents (Annexure-D) 


Declaration where one parent has not given/is not able to give consent (Annexure-C)


Declaration by guardian of a of minor applicant (Annexure-D1)

Time frame: 10 - 15 days (if passport is issued from Lusaka or passport particulars are available online)

(to be paid in cash)

ZMK 1700/- (Ordinary)
ZMK 2250/- (Jumbo)
ZMK 1150/- (Minor- Ordinary)


Where to apply:              Directly at the High Commission of India in person

A) An adult should submit the application in person

B) In case of a minor applicant

i) When both parents accompanying the minor (Annexure-D)


ii) When either of parents accompanying the minor (Annexure-C) 

© High Commission of India, Lusaka, Zambia 2023. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright Policy| Terms and Conditions| Privacy Policy| Hyperlinking Policy | Accessibility Statement | Help|
Page last updated on:Jun 5, 2023 Visitors: 2669129
Powered by: Ardhas Technology India Private Limited